Network West Midlands
Bus, rail, metro, cycling, walking, flying? How do you want to get about in the West Midlands region.
Includes: Travel Planner
- Transport for West Midlands (TfWM)
- is the name of the transport arm of the West Midlands
Combined Authority. Their site gives details about bus and rail facilities in the West Midlands region.
- National Express West Midlands
- Information on NXWM bus services in the West
Midlands, includes maps of bus routes and fare information, and timetable details.
- Travel site for National Express coaches
- Transport for London
- Details of bus and underground services in
London, includes timetables, routes, fares and the Underground map.
- Train planner from National Rail.
- National rail information and ticket
- Another service for national rail information and ticket
- Well presented British and European rail
timetables from Germany's state railways. Now gives directions from specific German
addresses to German railway stations.
Train Operating Companies
- Information about all the UK rail operators
- Virgin Trains
- Timetable information and ticket bookings
for Virgin Trains, the inter-city rail operator serving Birmingham. Includes information
the station facilities on the Virgin network.
- West Midland Trains
- The local rail operator serving the West
- Birmingham International Airport
- British Airports Authority
- Information about several of Britain's major
airports, including Heathrow
- Manchester Airport
- East Midlands Airport
- UK Route planning
- AA Routes & Traffic Information
- Traffic information for Great Britain from
the AA, together with a detailed route planning service. Including Great Britain, Ireland
and Continental Europe.
- Information from the RAC, including their
routeplanning service. Includes
details of current road conditions and traffic hold-ups.
- OANDA currency converter
- Converts prices between 164 different
currencies. Has both current and historical currency rates back to 1990.
University of Birmingham only
- Electronic versions of a wide range of key
printed reference books - including the Blue Guides to England, Ireland, Scotland and
Wales, the Good bed and breakfast guide and the Which? Guide to Country Pubs. Please note
that these are electronic versions of the current printed editions of these books - they
do not reflect more recent infomation than the latest print edition.
- Travel Advice
- From the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.
- British Diplomatic Missions
- The Foreign and Commonwealth Office's list
of British Diplomatic Missions in countries around the world, arranged alphabetically by
- Travel Information
- From NISS.
This site belongs to:
Chris Porter. Birmingham, UK. Created:
12 March 2004 [Last updated:19 January 2005]