Books & Libraries
- Library catalogues
- A catalogue of the collections of several of
the major British and Irish University libraries. Includes the collections of the
University of Birmingham.
- The British Library Public Catalogue
- BLPC contains details of over 10 million books
and other material dating from 1450 to the present day. New interface provides appropriate
on screen help at all times. Also features advanced searching and ordering functions and
the ability to display non-Roman character sets.
- Web catalogues from the British Library
- Lists all the free catalogues offered on the
Web by the British Library, including
Manuscripts Online Catalogue, the
Newspaper Library Web Catalogue and
National Sound Archive
- OPACs in Britain and Ireland: a directory of
library catalogues and services in Britain and Ireland.
- Library of
Congress's Online catalog
- A a database of approximately 12 million
records representing books, serials, computer files, manuscripts, cartographic materials,
sound recordings, and visual materials in the Library of Congress.
- UK Sensitive map of Universities and
HE Colleges (University of Wolverhampton)
- Clickable map. Choose
"Library" from the menu on the left hand side, then click on the institution you
wish to visit.
- UK Public Libraries on
- Information and services from the National
Libraries of Europe
- The British Library
- Information and services, including access
to the online catalogue: "BLPC", details of how to visit the British Library,
and online exhibitions.
- Library of Congress
- Information on all aspects of the Library of
Congress, the national library of the USA.
- Yahoo's list of libraries
- "Ask a Librarian"
- A free email reference service operated by
British Public Libraries.
Information about in-print books with the
opportunity to order online
list of booksellers
- An extensive list of general and specialist
- Database of book
trade organisations from
- Internet Bookshop
- Can be browsed by subject categories as well
as offering a range of search options for specific authors, titles etc.
- Blackwell's bookshop
- Includes "Academic homepages" for
a range of subjects, and can be browsed by subject categories as well as offering a range
of search options for specific authors, titles etc.
- The British site for perhaps the most famous
- The Bookseller
- The online version of the key book trade
Current serials received by the British
- Publishers online
- From the Bookseller's list of
- Copyright Licensing Agency
- Representing authors and publishers, the CLA
is responsible for licensing and policing many aspects of the copying of copyright
- CILIP: the Chartered Institute of Library and Information
- The professional
association for librarians and information managers, formed in
2002 by the merger
of the Institute of Information Scientists and the Library
- The Consortium of University Research
This site belongs to:
Chris Porter. Birmingham, UK. Created:
12 March 2004 [Last updated:27 April 2004]